Downloading, Installing and Running Smart Agent for Windows
Follow the steps below to download and install the Smart Agent for Windows.
When you try to add a Server/Device monitor for the first time in your Monitis dashboard, if you haven’t yet downloaded the Smart Agent, the Add Server/Device Monitor window will open.
Alternatively, you can go to the Tools menu and select Download Agent.
Click on Download for Windows to download the Smart Agent for Windows operating system (the supported Windows versions are shown).
Download of .zip file will be started.
1. Once the download is finished, extract the .zip file and run the setup.exe file.
– If you have the Smart Agent x86 (32-bit) version installed on x64 (64-bit) version of Windows and you are trying to install the Smart Agent x64 (64-bit) version, the setup will automatically uninstall the x86 (32-bit) and install the x64 (64-bit) version of the Smart Agent.
– If you are trying to install an incorrect version of the Smart Agent, i.e. the Smart Agent x86 (32-bit) version on x64 (64-bit) version of Windows or the Smart Agent x64 (64-bit) version on x86 (32-bit) version of Windows, you will see the following error messages:
2. The Smart Agent Setup Wizard window will open.
Read the instruction and click Next.
3. Read the Smart Agent license agreement terms and click I agree to proceed.
4. Change the default destination folder for the Agent if you want and click Next.
Choose the Windows Start menu folder to create shortcut for the Smart Agent in. You can also enter a name to create a new folder.
5. Click Install when done.
6. Wait until the Agent is being installed and click Close when finished.
Running the Smart Agent
Once the installation of the Agent is over, the Smart Agent Controller window will open automatically.
Enter your account’s agent key under Agent Key (see Agent Authentication Key).
Enter a name for your agent under Agent Name. The name you provide here for the Agent will be used in your Monitis dashboard.
– If you are currently using the Smart Agent x86 (32-bit) version on a x64 (64-bit) version of Windows, when migrating to the Smart Agent x64 (64-bit) version it is important to keep in mind that if you want all your existing data for monitors associated with the current Agent be saved you must make sure that the new Smart Agent name is the same as the old Agent name:
- If you are trying to install the Smart Agent x64 (64-bit) version while you have the Smart Agent x86 (32-bit) version installed, the setup will automatically assign the old Agent name to the new Agent while uninstalling the old one. Do not change the name of the Agent if you want your monitoring data associated with the old Agent to be saved.
- However, if you have manually uninstalled the old Agent before installing the new one, the new Agent will be named differently, as by default it will follow a naming pattern of [computer name][@][current date:time]. In this case, if you want monitoring data associated with the old Agent to be saved, just enter the old Agent name (available in your Monitis dashboard) under the Agent Name field in the Smart Agent Controller window.
Click Start Monitoring.
Your Smart Agent is running now. You can stop the Agent at any time by clicking on Stop Monitoring.
Close the Smart Agent Controller using the X in the top right corner of the window.
You may now return back to your Monitis dashboard to continue by configuring monitors for this agent.
Removing the Smart Agent
Follow the steps below to remove the Smart Agent.
1. To uninstall the Agent, in your Windows go to the Start menu and select from the list of programs Smart Agent -> Uninstall.
The Smart Agent Uninstall wizard will open.
Make sure that your Smart Agent is not running, and click Next.
Click uninstall. Wait for your Smart Agent to be uninstalled, and click Finish.
2. In your Monitis dashboard, go to Status Views menu and select Agent List. The Agents window will open.
Click the icon under Settings, and select Remove. You will see a warning that you need to uninstall the Smart Agent to remove it completely from your machine (see previous step).
Click Continue to remove the Agent.