Agents not showing in Dashboard/Connection errors in logs
1. Smart Agent communicate via port 443 HTTPS:
2. Check is there any proxy configured in Smart Agent or in your System/IE. Smart agent can be configured in two ways to work with proxy.
2.2 Manuall configuration: use settings directly defined in agent (Settings tab of Smart Agent Controller).
3. Only the Admin email address and Admin Sub-accounts can add Agents .
4. Is there any Antivirus on the machine ? If so exclude the SmartAgent install folder from being scanned.
5. The Smart Agent by default runs as service under Local System account.
Enable Windows Agent detailed logging
- Stop and quit agent.
- Locate the following Registry Key:
- 32 Bit: regedit->HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/SmartAgent/Settings.
- 64 bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Wow6432Node/SmartAgent/Settings
- In the registries list select “Trace” and change value to 10(decimal).
- Restart the agent.
- Wait 10 minutes, and/or for the issue to reproduce
- Locate the log files in the C:\ProgramData\SmartAgent\logs folder.
- If you are running the agent as an admin account, the log files will be located: <user account>\local settings\temp\
- Attach logs to email with problem description and send it to email@example.com
Agent Detailed Logging
- Open the Smart Agent Manager
- Enter the SETTINGS Tab
- Select “Enable Detailed Logging”
- Restart the Agent