So you have a few Red Dots (Outages)…? Here are a few tips to help trouble shoot!
1. If using Uptime Monitors, first be sure that your gateway is not blocking our connection.
- Our IP’s
- Is your Hosting company blocking our connection?
- Due to the high frequency of our monitoring, is this causing your gateway to view our monitoring as malicious?
2. I have an alert that my site is down but I can browse to it just fine! ! !(False Alerts)
- If your site is down from only 1 location, it could simply be network noise from that 1 location.
- It is suggested to use multiple locations, and require multiple locations to trigger an alert.
- Enabling Trace Routes will allow you to inspect the “hop” and where a problem might be happening.
- For details on your error, please check your email alert for the specific HTTP code that has been returned.
3. My site is down with a 403 Forbidden (I wanted to test your system), but Monitis shows that it is up.
- HTTP code 403 Forbidden IS a server/gateway response. It is simply not the response you want.
- To avoid 403 Forbidden reporting as OK, please enable Content Matching on your monitor to ensure text is present.