To add a Full Page Load monitor, go to the Monitors menu and select Full Page Load.
The Add Full Page Monitor – Step 1 window will open.
Under URL/IP enter the page URL or IP.
Enter the value under Timeout. You site will be considered down if no response received within this amount of time.
Check the Fail on partial 404 box if you want the test to fail not only after receiving 404 error message for the entire web page, but also if it receives 404 for any one of the web page elements.
You can use the content matching feature to lookup text strings in the source code of your web page.
Click Show advanced settings.
Under Check for String you can specify text strings to lookup in your website source code.
Choose between the following options, depending on the content match type you want to setup:
- Should contain – should contain the string.
- Should not contain – should NOT contain the string.
- Should contain all of – should contain all the strings.
- Should contain at least one of – should contain at least one of the strings.
- Should not contain all of– should NOT contain all the strings.
- Should not contain at least one of – should NOT contain at least one of any of the strings.
The last 4 options allow you to build logical expressions. To add a string, press the green + button.
The Add Full Page Monitor – Step 2 will open.
Enter the Monitor Name.
Select the Monitor Group from the list, or click Add a new group to add a new one.
Under Check Interval (min) set the monitoring frequency by moving the slider.
Select the monitoring locations from the list.
Click Add when finished.
The Alert Configuration window will appear.
– Click Send to All Contacts if you want to send alerts for this monitor to all contacts.
– Click Custom Configuration (Advanced) to configure sending alerts for this monitor only to selected contacts. The Alert Configuration window will open. Click on the Add Alert Rule button to configure alert rule(s) for your monitor (see Adding Alert Rules and Managing Alert Rules).
– Click Don’t Send Alerts if you don’t want any alerts for this monitor to be sent.
Your newly created Full Page Load Monitor will be added in your dashboard. Wait until it loads the first results
To see the detailed Net View (waterfall graph) click on any of the data points.
You can switch between table view and line chart views by clicking the respective icon on the top right corner of the NetVew.
Waterfall Report Transmission Definitions
- Blocking – the function of not displaying the UI (user interface) until the page has completed loading. Some webmasters do not want the page to load partially to the view as it is being loaded.DNS Lookup- time it takes to look up site from DNS servers
- Connecting – time it takes to connect to site once found by DNS
- Sending – time it takes sending/requesting data from the site
- Waiting – time it takes waiting for the data to be transmitted
- Receiving – time it takes for the data to be received back